Monday, January 16, 2012

Arrival in Edinburgh

Friday the 13th, I left home and began my journey to Scotland...



It took 3 planes and almost a full day of travel, but I'm finally here in the beautiful city of Edinburgh. Today, the 16th, is my 3rd day and I am beginning to feel more settled. I walked around the city a bit the first night to get a feel for the area, and these are some things I saw...




This is the hotel where the Harry Potter author JK Rowling stays when she comes to visit her alma mater.


And this is the view from the bridge which connects to Princess street. You can't see because its dark (and a phone-quality photo) but the Edinburgh castle is right behind the lit building.



Saturday, my flatmates and I did some shopping and sightseeing around town. I had my first cup of coffee in Scotland at a place called Black Medicine Coffee Co. and it was very good.





Today I had my first class, and I will have another one later this afternoon, but here are some things I saw while walking to class. Pretty good way to start the morning...

This is the Elephant House, the birthplace of Harry Potter, where JKR began writing the series.


This is New College which houses the School of Divinity where I am taking Greek.


This is the view of Princess street and beyond from New College.


Inside the courtyard of New College.



When I went back to my flat, I decided to go down the Royal Mile. This is the Presbyterian church of Scotland.



I don't know what all these places are, but they were all so beautiful.






So, all in all, things are going pretty well. I still have some things to sort out with classes etc. but having my flat in order has helped me feel less stressed about it all. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment