Tuesday, July 22, 2014

For the sake of completeness

It was Winston Churchill who said, "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."

Two years ago I studied abroad for a semester at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland, and while there I attempted to blog about it. However, I failed. I failed repeatedly! And you, dear readers, were most assuredly let down by my blogging incompetence. However, failure is not fatal, and with that thought in mind, I shall again pick up my metaphorical pen, and endeavor to share my stories once more. 

Last month, I arrived in Europe after spending a month in Uganda working in local hospitals. It was an incredible experience and I am so excited about my prospective future in medicine! As for now, I am currently employed as an "au pair" for a family in Bologna, Italy, and am in the process of teaching their kids English, as well as trying to learn Italian. I will be (or at least have every intention to be..) blogging about this experience over the next 6 months!

For the sake of completeness I have created a few collages to share highlights from some of my favorite travels in 2012...


In May, my penal of (then) 11 years came to visit me, and we took a magical journey to the Island of Santorini in Greece, as well as exploring London and the Harry Potter Studios.

In April, my sweet Mama paid a visit, and together we journeyed from Edinburgh, to Rome, to Florence, to Venice, to Paris, to London, and back to Edinburgh.

I made some great friends while in Scotland, and was lucky enough to experience a weekend in Paris with a few of them in March.





No comments:

Post a Comment