Thursday, July 24, 2014

Uganda Be Kidding Me

On May 20th, 2014, myself and a team of students and faculty/staff from John Brown University embarked on a one month excursion to the "Pearl of Africa", otherwise known as Uganda. 

Our mission: to experience the culture, to gain experience in our prospective fields of medicine, education, and family & human services, and to above all share the love of Jesus Christ. It was an incredibly influential trip; at times harrowing, at times rewarding, but at all times a trip which forced the journeyer to rely on God.

The team kept a blog while there, which can be found here >> http://jbuganda2014.blogspot.it/2014/05/jbu-to-ugandasoon.html

For me personally, the trip confirmed the place mission work will hold in my life and I couldn't be more excited about that. Of course no good blog post about Africa is complete without some choice photos, so here is your fix!

Myself and Becca Y. with one of the nurses in Kamuli Hospital


While in Uganda I had the opportunity to white water raft the Nile...

build relationships with the team and locals...

and experience and spread the love of Jesus Christ!


*(For more photos of my travels, check out my instagram handle, @hopelesswanderer_sb)

No comments:

Post a Comment