Saturday, July 26, 2014

In the interest of catching up...

I don't intend to post every day. In fact, I will be happy if I am able to write one good post a week! However, in the interest of catching up, I need to recap the events of June. 

We flew out of Uganda on June 16th, arriving in Brussels, Belgium on the 17th. From there the team said their final goodbyes and parted ways. Some stayed in Europe, some caught the next flight back to the good ol' USA, and I began my journey to the ancient land of Italy. Although I will be here until December, I was lucky enough to have some traveling companions for about a week. Becca, Meaghan, Kortni and I made our way from Brussels to Bruges to Rome to Prague, seeing some of the best Europe has to offer along the way. We had many adventures including a strange hostel where people had to go through our room to get to their room, meeting Americans in the most unlikely of places, sunburns, experiencing two World Cup games (Belgium from Bruges and Italy from Rome), relying on Rick Steves for EVERYTHING, and trying a wide variety of food and drink - all while speaking no Flemish, French, Italian, or Czech! (stupid Americans..)

Although I could literally post over 1000 photos of this amazing week, for the sake of your sanity (you're welcome) I will only include the best of the best. 


For the full slideshow click the link here or at the end of the preview >> http://www.photosnack.com/F5D6ABE9E8C/ptkloim3

No comments:

Post a Comment